- YOUR CHOICE
Vote for Protecting Freedom, for Protecting the Constitution, and for Protecting the Supreme Court Judge Nominations (there will be several hundred in all Federal Courts), who’s decisions will affect this Country for generations.
- Darryl Glenn
A morally consistent Candidate of diversity.
CONGRESS DISTRICT 5
- Doug Lamborn
STATE BOARD OF EDUCATION
- Steve Durham
- Heidi Ganahl
STATE SENATE CANDIDATES
***NOTE: NOT ALL OF THE FOLLOWING CANDIDATES WILL BE ON YOUR BALLOT***
- Owen Hill
- Bob Gardner
STATE REPRESENTATIVE CANDIDATES:
- Dan Nordberg
- Dave Williams
Good potential if he develops better political skills.
- Larry Liston
- Kit Roupe
- Cameron Forth
- Paul Lundeen
Accomplished in the Private Sector, a rising star in State Politics.
- Terri Carver
Industrious and dedicated.
- Lois Landgraf
Tough on crime.
COUNTY COMMISSIONER CANDIDATES:
- Mark Waller
- Stan VanderWerf
- Longinos Gonzalez
***NOTE: The following judge recommendations come from conservative attorneys and prosecutors who practice in these courts.***
COLORADO SUPREME COURT JUSTICE RETENTION:
- NO – Sided against vouchers for Douglas County School kids to attend Public or Private Schools. Big disappointment.
COLORADO COURT OF APPEALS JUDGE RETENTION:
- NO – Emphatic No. Sided against Denver cake baker who denied a same-sex wedding job on religious grounds. Berger joined a very poorly written opinion.
STEPHEN L. BERNARD
- NO – Voted to restore state funding to Planned Parenthood.
STEPHANIE E. DUNN
- YES – Morally consistent, respects Religion
FOURTH JUDICIAL DISTRICT JUDGES
- NO – Weak on Sentencing.
- NO – Too widely ranged in interpreting Law.
- YES – Follows the Law as written.
EL PASO COUNTY COURT JUDGES
- YES – Strong judge, follows the Law closely.
- NO – Indecisive, doesn’t run his docket efficiently.
- YES – Some opponents would say this would prohibit even prison work gangs. Not persuasive.
- YES – It costs more to collect this minuscule amount than it brings in. Less paperwork for Ranchers.
- NO – Government-run healthcare. Here we go again. Nearly DOUBLES the State Budget ($27 billion now to $40 billion) by ADDING a new 10% Tax on all Income. No guarantee this system would work since the Federal Government must allow significant and future Medicaid changes for Colorado, not likely in the Obamacare nosedive. Nonpartisan professional analysis concludes this scheme CANNOT work.
- NO – Increase Hourly Minimum Wage from $8.31 to $12. Other states found that businesses cut low-wage jobs as mandated Minimum Wages rise, denying Teens a First Job experience. This is why Restaurants are replacing Waiters with Kiosks and Apps for Ordering.
- NO – It smells of a Trojan Horse put there by some of Amendment 71’s creators to repeal the TABOR Amendment’s limitations on Government Spending and Taxes.
- NO – Triple the Tax on Cigarettes (84 cents to $2.59 per pack). The State Constitution is no place for this. The Legislature should act if the idea makes sense. Only a small percentage of revenues would actually be used to discourage smoking.
- NO – Physician-assisted Suicide. Bad on the details: non-experienced physicians involved, poor record keeping, leading even the Denver Post to oppose.
- NO – Establish a Presidential Primary and allow Unaffiliated Voters to participate. Voters should join Parties to make them better, not sit on the sidelines. Too much chance of mischief by purposely voting for weak Candidates to undermine a Party.
- NO – Allow Unaffiliated Voters access to Party Primaries for lower Offices. Same reason as above. Join the Party! Make it better. Engage!
- YES – Allows the County to work with Cable and Internet Providers to serve remote areas. No spending involved.
SCHOOL DISTRICT ISSUES
- YES – Academy District 20. Extend a Tax Increase passed in 1999 (that would have expired) for new buildings and rehabbing present Schools. TCA parents seem happy with TCA’s allotment, and that’s important to us.
3C & 3D
- YOUR CHOICE – District 11 Tax increase, for building repair, higher Teacher pay, and “emotional and social needs” of Students.
Morse has CONCEDED!!!
COLORADO HISTORY HAS BEEN MADE!
With the thousands of hours of help from our volunteers, various groups stepping up and supporting us, we have been successful. Even though we were outspent and outmanned, and even though Morse had the support of Obama’s OFA, MoveOn [dot] org, the national unions, and the money from 2 Billionaires, and a couple of Million dollars, HIS CONSTITUENTS are the only ones that really mattered.
Morse refused to LISTEN to us, but CAN YOU HEAR US NOW? We said YES, we want to RECALL YOU SENATOR MORSE!
Thank you for all of your support and for the support of every who has donated time, money, energy, prayers, and well-wishes.
We will have more to report soon. This is the first salvo in taking our state back. We will provide some additional data in the next few days before this site goes dark.